San Gimignano, Siena, Chianti Guided Tour from Florence
Pick-up serviceComplimentary pick-up from your hotel is available on request.
- Escape the bustle of Florence for a day and explore the beautiful Tuscan countryside
- Drive through the gently rolling hills of the Val D’Elsa in luxury, air-conditioned coaches
- Visit the medieval town of San Gimignano, home to Vernaccia di San Gimignano wine and saffron
- Explore the immaculate town of Siena, world-renowned for its Palio horse race
- Visit a splendid Chianti estate and take part in two exclusive wine tastings
Distinguished by its famous towered skyline, San Gimignano stands along the Via Francigena on the hills of the Upper Val D’Elsa. Also famous for its Vernaccia di San Gimignano wine, saffron, and precious Santa Fina pottery, it is an excellent place to get acquainted with the Tuscan environment. You will enjoy some free time to stroll through the town on your own and explore its beautiful squares, architecture, churches, and side streets.
Afterwards you will head out to a unique location in the Chianti countryside to enjoy lunch and two wine tastings. Once you hop off the bus, you will be guided around the splendid estate until you reach it's ancient medieval chapel; here you will be introduced to the estate's fascinating history and background. Then head for the villa's panoramic terrace where you will enjoy your first delicious wine tasting of Chianti Classico and some snacks while sitting on large wine barrels. The route will then continue to the restaurant: your typical Tuscan lunch will be accompanied by two excellent products of the estate itself, a "Riserva" and an IGP wine. Take your time after lunch to relax in the villa's luxurious gardens.
Continue to Siena for a guided tour of its enchanting architectural styles, including the Cathedral and Palazzo Comunale (Municipal Building) in Piazza del Campo. The famous shell-shaped square provides the stage for the thrilling Palio horse race, run twice every summer.
- Travel by GT coach or minivan with air conditioning
- Expert multilingual escorts
- Lunch consisting of typical Tuscan dishes (vegetarian menu available upon request)
- Guided tour of Siena
- Free time in San Gimignano
- Visit to the Monteriggioni fortress
- Wine tastings and guided visit at a Chianti estate
- Drop off service, unless booked at checkout (if no pick-up is booked, the ending point is the same as the starting point - Santa Maria Novella train station)
The meeting point is in front of the pharmacy at Santa Maria Novella train station. For free pick-up from your accommodation, please call the tour operator in advance of your tour date and book.
• Please note that tours in German will not be available starting Nov. 1 2016
• Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs
• Free pick-up must be requested in advance. Call the tour operator in advance to check availability. If you do not call and request free pick-up, you can meet your tour operator at Santa Maria Novella train station, in front of the pharmacy
Product ID: 7679