Taste the wines of Chianti on a 10-hour private tour from Florence, and savor the flavors of Supertuscans, Chianti Classico, and more. Enjoy 2 private tastings at a castle and a farmhouse, served with typical Tuscan snacks of cheese, salami, and more.
What to Expect
Discover the essence of the Chianti wine region on a private full-day tour from Florence, traveling by deluxe, chauffeur driven vehicle. During the day, you will savor the flavors of a variety of Chianti wines, as well as food produce from the fertile fields of Tuscany.
Your driver will collect you from your hotel in central Florence, and drive out to the hills of one of the most evocative areas of Italy. Marvel at the unequaled beauty of the woods, vines, and olive groves, dotted with Romanesque churches, farmhouses, villas, and castles.
Stop in the village of Greve-in-Chianti to experience the charm of its historic square. Flanked by open galleries, the streets are a delight to wander around, popping in to purchase hand-crafted items and typical Chianti produce.
You will then be taken to a castle for a private tour of its gardens and ancient cellars. This is followed with a wine tasting of 3 different glasses, accompanied by typical Tuscan snacks of bruschetta, Tuscan cheese, cold cuts of meat, and more.
Next, travel to the small hamlet of Montefioralle and discover where the famous explorer, Amerigo Vespucci was born. Enjoy some free time for lunch (not included) before departing for the ancient hillside village of Castellina in Chianti, a historic member of the League of Chianti Classico.
Wander at leisure among the many craft shops of the Via Ferruccio, and admire the classical form of the albergo Palazzo Squarcialupi, site of the Enoteca Antiquaria, which has collected prestigious wines for more than 100 years.
Move on to a farmhouse near Castellina in Chianti for a private tour of its wine cellars. Then, delight your taste buds further as you sample 4 more wines, along with typical Tuscan snacks.
- Pick-up and drop off at centrally located hotels in Florence
- Transportation by private deluxe vehicle
- Private English-speaking chauffeur
- Private wine tasting and snacks in a castle (Chianti Classico Riserva, Supertuscan, red or white wines, bruschetta with olive oil, Tuscan bread with typical cheese, croutons with tomato, mixed cold cuts, and Vin Santo (sweet wine) with Cantuccini di Prato (traditional biscuits)
- Private wine tasting at a farmhouse (4 different wines, accompanied by a selection of local salami/prosciutto, cheese, bruschetta with fresh tomatoes, and extra virgin olive oil)
Know Before You Go
• Tours of the cellars are conducted in English (other languages available on request)
• If you have any special requests, please advise before the start of the tour
• Please provide the name of your hotel for pick-up arrangements, and remember to bring a copy of your voucher