Florence: Palazzo Vecchio’s Comprehensive TourProduct ID: 66365
From $70 per personBook now
- Access directly the spectacular excavations being undertaken just below the present 13th-century buildings foundations
- Be led by a guide into the awe-inspiring Salone dei Cinquecento
- Admire fantastic marbles and even Dante’s death mask
- Visit the imposing tower of Palazzo Vecchio
- Take in a breathtaking 360-degree vista of Florence
- Enjoy the masterful Renaissance time capsule that is Florence’s Palazzo Vecchio
Our small group tour will take you right into the heart of antiquity and the fortress which was the center of civic power in Florence for over seven centuries.
This easy entrance tour will facilitate a direct access to the spectacular excavations being undertaken just below the present 13th-century building foundations. Knowledgeable guides will attempt to bring history alive around you, as you explore the surviving foundations of the Roman theater of Florentia, which originally stood upon the site.
Continuing to the first floor of the Palazzo Vecchio, a guide will then lead you into the awe-inspiring Salone dei Cinquecento. 52 meters in length and 23 meters in width, this remarkable fortified gallery was constructed in 1494 by Simone del Pollaiolo, in order to house Florence’s 500 member Grand Council. Still flanked by the breathtaking 16th-century frescoes, it can be difficult not to feel humbled by the sheer magnificence of this area.
Home also to some fantastic marbles and even Dante’s death mask, the tour will allow you to explore every inch of the Salone dei Cinquecento before finally moving onwards in order to investigate the imposing tower of Palazzo Vecchio.
Standing at 95 meters in height, the tower to this day is still one of the main focal points in the Florence skyline. However, as part of the tour, you will be allowed to actually take the stairs to the tower's top most battlements. From here, you will be able to take in breathtaking 360-degree vistas of all of Florence at once. This will provide you with a spectacular sightseeing and family photo opportunity and is the perfect way to finalize the tour.
- Small group service
- Tourist guide and easy entrance access to the Palazzo Vecchio Museum, Underground and the Tower of Palazzo Vecchio
Segway Office located in Via dei Cimatori 9R, Florence • Directions from the Duomo Cathedral Square: If you are facing the front of the church, turn right on Via dei Calzaiuoli and walk straight on, turn left on the 4th cross street, which is Via dei Cimatori • Directions from Piazza della Signoria: face the statue of the man on horseback, on your right there is “Il Cavallino” restaurant. Take that street (via delle Farine) and turn right onto the second cross street, which is Via dei Cimatori (Open in Google Maps)
• No access for children under 6 years of age
• Visitors with a disability, heart condition or asthma, or who suffer from vertigo or claustrophobia, are strongly advised against attempting the climb up the Palazzo Vecchio tower itself
• Cancellation Policy: If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 4 and 7 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, you will be charged a 30% cancellation fee. If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, you will be charged a 100% cancellation fee. The payment will not be refunded for any other reason (i.e. weather, change of travel plans, illness, missed train…..) within 3 days of the scheduled tour
Product ID: 66365