Florence Food Tasting Tour: Markets, Wine and Trattoria
From $71 per personBook now
- Sample the best of Tuscany's food and wines
- Enjoy more than 10 tastings of meats, cheeses, olives and more
- Visit the busy and vibrant Sant’Ambrogio market
- Try a typical "primi" course at a trattoria loved by the locals
- Experience the "vino sfuso" of an authentic "enoteca"
- End with a perfect Italian coffee and ice cream
Start your culinary adventure at the vibrant Sant’Ambrogio market, and experience how the locals shop, eat and live. Then, go to an authentic enoteca (wine bar) to sample some of the city’s best snacks. Nibble on crostini and Tuscan spreads as your guide explains the food and restaurant scene in Florence.
Try some Tuscan wines, and learn about vino sfuso, where wine is stored in bulk, enabling locals to fill their bottles from wooden barrels. Do the same as you select a wine you want to try!
Next, your guide will explain the culture of cucina poveralampredotto, made from cow’s stomach. As you learn the origins of these recipes, you will get a greater appreciation of the history of the region, and if you are feeling adventurous you can try some for yourself.
Along the way, sample cured meats, such as finocchiona (fennel salami) and cinghiale (boar). Try some of the region’s pecorino sheep’s milk cheese, including one of the freshest and one aged in a grotto.
Stop at a trattoria beloved by locals for a tasting of a typical primi course (pasta, soup etc.). As no meal is complete without a coffee, enjoy an good Italian espresso, topped off with a delicious gelato, Italy’s famed answer to ice cream!
- All tastings as per itinerary (olives, meats, cheeses, wine, Tuscan spreads, a "primi" course sampling, vin santo, cantucci, coffee, ice cream, and lampredotto)
- Transportation to the meeting point
- Gratuities (optional)
Meet your guide by the statue of Dante, on the left side of the Church of Santa Croce, Piazza Santa Croce, Florence. Please provide your hotel name and a valid phone number on booking. Please advise of any dietary restrictions on booking
• Please notify the local supplier of any food allergies and/or dietary restrictions on booking, and on the day of your tour. The supplier will do their very best to accommodate you and find suitable alternatives
• Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour
Product ID: 48254