Florence: Duomo Tour with Museum, Crypt & Dome Ticket
From $56 per personBook now
- Enjoy a comprehensive tour of the Florence Duomo, newly re-opened Duomo Museum, and Baptistery
- Take in the best views in Florence from the top of the Duomo
- Marvel at some of Florence’s greatest treasures, such as the original façade of the Cathedral and the Gates of Paradise
Included in the collection are the original Gates of Paradise (the doors to the Baptistery), Michelangelo’s other Pietá which the artist designed for his own tomb, Donatello’s eerily realistic sculpture the Penitent Magdalene, beautiful scale models of Brunelleschi’s iconic Dome, and the entire original façade of the church, reconstructed for the first time since its demolition in the 19th century.
Visit the Baptistery, one of the oldest buildings in Florence, and learn about the influence it had on Italian architecture. After checking out the replicas of the famous bronze relief doors by Alfonso Pisano and Lorenzo Ghiberti, you’ll bypass the crowds and enter for an intimate look inside the iconic building. Under the beautiful mosaic-covered Dome you’ll see where generations of famous Florentines, including Dante and members of the Medici family, were baptized.
Next, you’ll head to the Duomo itself to experience its spectacular interior. Descend into the Crypt, which most tourists never visit, and see the tomb of Filippo Brunelleschi, the architectural genius who is responsible for the design of the giant Dome.
At the end of the tour your guide will give you all-inclusive tickets to climb to the top of the Dome and the Bell Tower, where you’ll take in the finest views in all of Florence. Your guide will not accompany you, but you will have 24 hours to use the ticket.
If you don’t want to wait in the afternoon lines, you can return early the next morning to explore Florence’s most popular site.
- Guided tour of the Museo dell’Opera del Duomo, Florence Duomo, the Duomo Crypt, and the Baptistery
- Tickets to the Museum, the Crypt, the Baptistery, the Duomo rooftop, and the Bell Tower
- Expert English-speaking tour guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop off
Piazza del Duomo, in front of the Bell Tower (Campanile di Giotto) Facing the façade of the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, on the right hand side you’ll see the Bell Tower. The meeting point is just in front of the Bell Tower.
• The Cathedral of Florence is subject to closure during special celebrations/festivities, including Easter ceremonies
• Unfortunately this tour is not suitable for guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs, or strollers
• Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
• Please remember that the Duomo (Cathedral) is a holy place and attire must be appropriate for the visit. Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees
• Please note that the order of the sites visited might vary
Product ID: 59344