Florence: Half-Day Bike Tour with Food TastingsProduct ID: 43544
From US$43.58 US$34.86 per personBook now
- Cycle the Renaissance streets of Florence to all the main monuments
- Taste typical foods of Italy and learn their relationship to Florence
- Sample pastries in the picturesque Beccaria district
- Try some of the salty flat breads that Florentines eat daily
- Marvel at the marble façade of Florence Cathedral
Your tour starts at one of the most dramatic cathedrals in the world - the elaborately designed Basilica di Santa Maria del Fiore, also known as the “Duomo” or “Florence Cathedral.” Marvel at Brunelleschi graceful dome, Giotto’s Campanile, and the octagonal Baptistery.
Go to the Beccaria neighborhood, centered on the grand square of the Piazza Cesare Beccaria, and taste some traditional Italian pastries. Continue to San Niccolo to become a typical Florentine and sample some schiacciata all’olio (a salty flat bread with olive oil). Your guide will explain the food traditions of the city as you go, including why gelato is linked to Florence, and why Tuscan bread is typically unsalted.
See some of the city’s landmarks, such as the the Piazza della Repubblica, Ponte Vecchio, and Piazza della Signoria, the L-shaped square that is home to the Uffizi Gallery and iconic Palazzo Vecchio. You’ll also go to Santa Croce, where Michelangelo and others are buried in the Basilica of the Holy Cross.
- Bike rentals
- 3 food tastings
- Entrance to monuments and museums
Meeting point at Segway Office located in Via dei Cimatori 9 Red, Florence. Directions from the Duomo Cathedral Square: If you are facing the front of the church, turn right on Via dei Calzaiuoli and walk straight on, turn left on the 4th cross street, which is Via dei Cimatori. Directions from Piazza della Signoria: face the statue of the man on horseback, on your right there is “Il Cavallino” restaurant. Take that street (via delle Farine) and turn right onto the second cross street, which is Via dei Cimatori. (Open in Google Maps)
• Children under 18 years of age cannot take part of our tours alone. They must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over
Product ID: 43544