Explore the Renaissance city of Florence on a full-day tour from Rome. Visit the Accademia Gallery to see great works of art like Michelangelo’s "David" and Botticelli’s "Madonna and Child."
What to Expect
Depart Rome for the northern province of Tuscany on a full-day tour to the cradle of the Renaissance, crossing the green Tiber River valley to the slopes of the Apennines. Pass the vineyards of Chianti before your arrival in Florence.
Legendary city of artists and architects of the 14th to 17th centuries, your tour of Florence starts at Piazzale Michelangelo, with panoramic views of the Tuscan capital including the Ponte Vecchio, River Arno, and the magnificent Duomo.
Breathe in the atmosphere of medieval streets and craftsmen's workshops of the Medici once you descend the hills to explore the city center. See masterpieces by Michelangelo, Leonardo Da Vinci, and Botticelli, including Michelangelo’s statue of David at the Accademia.
Go to the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, with its beautiful dome by Brunelleschi, the Baptistery and Giotto’s Bell Tower. After free time for lunch, enjoy panoramic views of Piazza Santa Croce, where Michelangelo is buried, before departing for Pisa in the Arno Valley. Upon arrival, head to the famous Piazza dei Miracoli with its celebrated Leaning Tower, Baptistery, and Duomo, all resplendent in white marble.
- Transportation by air-conditioned minivan for up to 6 people
- Tour escort for the entire trip
- Professional guide in Florence
- Admission to the Accademia Gallery
- Tour of monuments in Pisa (exterior only)
- Pick-up and drop off service for hotels within the Aurelian Walls
Cancel up to 3 days in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• The tour operates rain or shine
• No refunds for missed flights, buses, trains etc.
• Total refund for cancellations made within 72 hours of tour departure
• Please consult your concierge for information about collection schedules. In order to improve the quality of the service, and to avoid delays, please be ready waiting in the lobby of your hotel at the scheduled time
• Departure from Pisa for Rome will be at approximately 17:30, with an estimated arrival time of 20:30