Explore the former home of the grand-dukes of Tuscany on a tour of the Palatina Gallery in the Palazzo Pitti. Marvel at art by masters of European painting, such as Caravaggio. Use your ticket to see the Royal Apartments and the Modern Art Gallery.
What to Expect
Explore one of the great treasures of the Renaissance, and see art by masters of European painting on a 2-hour guided tour of the Palatine Gallery, Florence.
Located in the former residence of the grand-dukes of Tuscany and later King of Italy, the museum is the 2nd most important Florentine painting gallery after the Uffizi Museum. Follow your guide to see masterpieces by renowned artists, such as Rubens and Caravaggio.
Learn to appreciate the skills and techniques of artists like Tiziano and Raffaello. Works are shown on dividers between the fantastic rooms of the Renaissance palace, still decorated with extravagant frescoes and stucco work.
Once the guided section of your tour is complete, feel free to stay and browse at leisure. See the Royal Apartments of the Palazzo Pitti, and discover Italian art from the 19th and 20th centuries at the Galleria d'Arte Moderna (Gallery of Modern Art).
- Entrance ticket to the Palatina Gallery
Know Before You Go
• Non-flash photography is allowed in the museum
• All large bags, rucksacks and big umbrellas must be left in the cloakroom
• Museum tickets provided by the supplier are also valid for the Galleria d'Arte Moderna (same day only)
• This tour is only available in English
• You are free to remain in the Palatina Gallery to explore at leisure, after the guided tour is complete