Explore the Renaissance city of Florence on a full-day tour from Rome. Discover architectural and artistic masterpieces, from the Florence Cathedral to Michelangelo's David.
What to Expect
Leave Rome behind while you visit the northern province of Tuscany on a full-day tour to the Cradle of the Renaissance, crossing the green valley of the Tiber River to the slopes of the Apennines, passing the vineyards of Chianti before your arrival in Florence.
This legendary city housed many artists and architects from the 14th to the 17th century. Your tour begins at Piazzale Michelangelo for a panoramic view of the Tuscan capital, including Ponte Vecchio, Arno River and Florence Cathedral. Breathe in the atmosphere of the medieval streets once you descend the hills to explore the city center. See masterpieces by Michelangelo and Botticelli, including Michelangelo’s David at the Accademia.
Go to the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, with its beautiful dome by Brunelleschi and admire the Baptistery and Giotto’s Bell Tower. After lunch, enjoy a panoramic view of Piazza Santa Croce, where Michelangelo is buried. Depart back to Rome at 16:30.
- Transportation by air-conditioned minivan
- Tour escort for the entire trip
- Professional guide in Florence
- Admission to the Accademia Gallery
- Pick-up and drop off service for hotels within the Aurelian Walls
- Pizza lunch
Know Before You Go
• The tour can be changed without notice due to weather and traffic
• You can start the tour directly from the meeting point, or use the free collection service from your hotel
• Please refer to the Concierge for information about collection schedules