Discover the “Cradle of the Renaissance” at your own pace on an 8-hour trip from Rome, with round-trip transfers by air-conditioned coach. Explore the city independently, or take a guided tour to see the Uffizi Gallery, Ponte Vecchio, Duomo and more.
What to Expect
Explore the birthplace of the Italian Renaissance and one of the most romantic cities in Europe on a full-day trip to Florence, driving across Italy to walk along medieval streets and admire art and architecture by Michelangelo, Brunelleschi and more.
Relax on the transfer from Rome. Upon arrival you are free to explore to see sights such as the impressive Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, topped by Brunelleschi's majestic dome. Go to Piazza della Signoria to see Renaissance sculptures in the square, including a copy of Michelangelo's “David” in the courtyards of Palazzo della Signoria and the Uffizi Gallery.
Stroll along the banks of the Arno River, crossing the covered Ponte Vecchio for some of the best views of Florence. Florence is also a great city for shopping, and there will be plenty of time to discover leather markets and stores selling Italian and international goods.
Providing comfortable air-conditioned transfers by 8-seat minivan, the tour allows the flexibility to explore at your own pace, or join a guided tour for an additional fee.
- Round-trip transfers by air-conditioned minibus for small groups
- English-speaking assitance throughout the trip
What's Not Included
- Optional gratuity
- Food and drinks
- Guided tour of Florence
- Entrance tickets
Know Before You Go
• Please note that the trip from Rome to Florence takes about 3 hours. You will board the shuttle for your return journey at 15:30
• Please wear comfortable walking shoes, and bring a bottle of water, umbrella and/or jumper, camera, and money for additional costs
• No refund will be given for cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to departure