Experience Florence by Foot - Guided Tour
- Follow our guides and learn what makes Florence such a city of intrigue
- Walk in Michelangelo's and Da Vinci's footsteps past the Duomo and over the Pontevecchio
- Learn about the art movements of this city from our professional guides
- Discover the evolution of this city from Roman times to the present
Florentines have a long history of greatness. From Michelangelo to Da Vinci, these streets have played home to some of the most influential thinkers and creators of the modern world. We will explore the historical and architectural evolutions from Roman times through the medieval centuries and into the Renaissance, when Florence really blossomed into what it is today. People often consider this the very birthplace of the Renaissance, and we feel that you'll soon understand why. The romance and intrigue of its streets are enough to make any person jump up and grab a paint brush!
As we walk through the center of this UNESCO Heritage Cities, we will stop for a surprise "tasting" to learn about the culinary and wine aspects of Florence's rich culinary traditions. We will also see the Piazza della Signoria, with the town hall Palazzo Vecchio, with its massive, Romanesque, crenellated fortress-palace. It is among the most impressive town halls of Tuscany! We stop by the famed Duomo, the Baptistry and "Gates of Paradise", as well as the picture postcard perfect Pontevecchio. This icon of our city will amaze you with its grandeur and beauty! Make sure to stop and have a gelato at one of the incredible shops lining the streets! There are plenty of other treasures to explore along our way, and our guides will make sure to point out each one and explain its importance and history to you.
Finally, we will arrive at the famous shopping streets of the Oltrarno, which is a part of the historic center of Florence, and is known for its exquisite hand-made crafts. We depart ways here, and hope that you've discovered what makes our city something really special. Ciao!
- Guided Walking Tour of Florence City Center
- Professional, Licensed Guide
- Surprise tasting
- Tips and Personal Expenses
- We do not visit the inside of the monuments
Prepare for the activity
FlorenceTown Tours and Newsstand, Piazza della Repubblica (next to the Apple Store), under the arches on the corner with Via Pellicceria, Florence. Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to tour start time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• The tour runs rain or shine
• Please note, we do not visit the inside of monuments and museums
• Please let us know about any special needs or mobility impairments in advance; we will do our best to be accommodating to your needs