Learn to cook like an Italian at a 4-hour market to table cooking class, and enjoy a Tuscan meal in Florence. Visit the central food market with your chef, before learning tips and techniques to make a full Italian meal that you can recreate at home.
What to Expect
Learn the secrets of Tuscan cooking at a half-day cookery class in the heart of Florence. Meet your chef at the central market to do a little grocery shopping for the ingredients that you will prepare.
Once your visit to the market is over, head to the unique location where your cooking class will take place, right in the heart of Florence's Via Cavour.
Having met the butchers, bakers, and farmers selling their vegetables at the market, prepare their delicious produce as your chef talks about the origin of each dish and Italian cuisine in general. Using fresh, seasonal ingredients, hand make your pasta and sauces, such as tomato, ragù, bolognese, or pesto. Then, prepare a meat or fish dish, followed by a scrumptious dessert.
Put the final touches to your meal, supported by the chef. Then, enjoy a lunch of the dishes you have cooked, served with quality Italian wines. Collect your graduation certificate before you leave to show off to your family and friends!
- Tour of the central market in Florence with your chef
- Cooking class with a famous local chef
- Lunch with wine tastings
- Graduation certificate
- All necessary ingredients
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Know Before You Go
• Between 1 Apr and 31 Oct 2016 the cooking lesson operates with a maximum of 12 participants
• From 1 Apr to 31 Oct 2016 tours in Russian language are available for a minimum of 4 participants and upon request. This must be confirmed after booking
• From 1 Apr to 31 Oct 2016 tours in Chinese and Japanese language are available for a minimum of 4 participants and upon request. This must be confirmed after booking
• On Sundays and bank holidays, when the central market is closed, the visit to the market will be skipped.
• Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs