Enjoy a private walk through Florence with a local guide, visiting some of the city’s most interesting churches. Admire the architecture and the masterpieces of art, and stop to take in views of the Arno River and the city from medieval Ponte Vecchio.
What to Expect
Your 3-hour private walking tour starts at the square in front of the Church of San Lorenzeo. A professional guide will take you and your group of up to 10 participants into the interior of this Medicean basilica. Admire the famous Sagrestia Vecchia built by Filippo Brunelleschi, one Florence's most important Renaissance architects.
Next you’ll head to the Dominican Church of Santa Maria Novella. Notice the unusual façade, dating from the 15th century, but modeled on typical medieval Tuscan design schemes.
Enjoy a walk along less crowded streets on your way to Piazza Santa Trinita, named for the church on the west side of the square. Admire the beautiful frescoes by Domenico Ghirlandaio in the Sassetti Chapel.
You’ll cross over the Arno River next, and have unobstructed views of the river and the city from the Ponte Vecchio, Florence’s most famous bridge. Constructed in the Middle Ages, the Ponte Vecchio is a symbol of the city and its traditional commercial and artisanal activities.
On the other side of the Arno River, you’ll encounter the simple and harmonious form of the Brunelleschi Church of Santo Spirito, and then continue your walk to the Santa Maria del Carmine Church and visit the interesting Brancacci Chapel with its stunning, well-preserved frescoes.
The tour ends after visiting the Brancacci Chapel.
- 3-hour private walking tour
- Licensed guide
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Admission fees
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• This tour involves a fair amount of walking so good walking shoes are recommended
• Be sure to bring a raincoat and/or umbrella in winter
• In the summer, sun lotion and drinking water are recommended, as is an umbrella for shade
• Admission to the churches requires following a strict dress code. Shoulders and knees must be covered. No low-cut or sleeveless tops or shorts are permitted. The local tour provider cannot be held responsible for entry denied due to improper dress