Explore the beautiful wine region of Chianti on a half-day scenic tour from Florence, and enjoy a Tuscan landscape of gently rolling hills and vineyards, studded with cypress trees. Taste superb Chianti wines and Tuscan products.
What to Expect
Discover the Tuscan wine region of Chianti on a 5-hour scenic tour from Florence. Visit the characteristic fortress of Monteriggioni.
Immerse yourself in the picturesque scenery of gently rolling hills, studded with ancient vineyards and cypress trees. You will go to the sublime town and fortress of Monteriggioni, mentioned in Dante Alighieri's “Divine Comedy,” and boasting some of the best-preserved city walls in all of Italy.
Continue with a visit to a charming Chianti wine estate. After a guided tour of the wine cellars, to gain an insight into the various stages of wine production, sit down and taste the various wines that the winery produces, paired with samples of sliced cold meats, bruschetta and salami.
- Travel by GT coach or minivan with air conditioning
- Expert multilingual escorts
- Visit to Monteriggioni fortress and a local winery
- Visit to a famous estate with tour of the wine cellars and sampling of wines, oil, and balsamic vinegar
- Snack with sliced cold meats and typical salami
- Opportunity to buy wine, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, cheese, and herbs
- Free pick up on request
Know Before You Go
• 50% discount for children up to 12 years of age
• Free for children under 2 years of age
• Please be aware that tours in German will not be available between 1 Nov 2016 and 31 Mar 2017.
• Please note that between 1 Nov 2016 and 31 Mar 2017 tours in Russian, Chinese and Japanese will be guaranteed with at least 4 participants.
• Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs.