Tour the Chianti area and the wonderful Castle of Vicchiomaggio. Plant your personal vine to contribute to the region's wine legacy, then taste wine and food in the majestic ballroom. Visits to Montefioralle and the Church of San Cresci are also included!
What to Expect
Experience the Chianti lifestyle for a day. Enjoy a panorama of vineyards alongside cypresses and olive trees, discover the region's stone houses and be a part of ancient rural traditions.
The convenience of exploring with a private guide and driver will increase the feeling of peace that you will experience as you explore the beautiful countryside. At the Castle Vicchiomaggio you will plant your own personal vines. These vines will produce the wine that is now controlled and protected by the authoritative Chianti Classico Consortium.
After planting your vine, you will visit the aging cellars of Chianti. Take a break to taste the excellent wine and foods of Chianti in a majestic castle ballroom. The tour proceeds to a small village where life just feels slower. Visit a ramparted village and experience the silence of a country church.
Chianti also means salami, ham, finocchiona and cheese. Of course you can do a tasting of Tuscan cold cuts and a wine tasting of Chianti Classico before leaving the Chianti region to return to Florence.
- 6-hour guide service
- Visit to the castle with lesson on the vine
- Lunch and wine tasting in the castle
- Tasting at the Falorni Butcher's shop
What's Not Included
- Private minivan with driver
- 341 EUR to pay cash to the guide
Know Before You Go
1. The activities are conducted in English at the Castle. The guide will translate into the language of the guests when needed.
2. Composition of the meal: Tagliatelle with wild boar, or tomato and basil, beef stew, cantuccini and Vinsanto (or a Tuscan pie), water, one bottle of Tuscan IGP wine and coffee. You can request a vegetarian menu.
3. Depending on the time of departure, the order of visits may be reversed.