Discover Florence from a different perspective! Join the Florence Segway tour and experience first-hand this wonderful Renaissance city. Each tour is led by an expert guide that will introduce you to the many attractions this city has to offer.
What to Expect
Driving your own Segway Personal Transporter (PT) through the streets of Florence is the perfect way to appreciate the distinguished and cultural atmosphere of a town that expresses the origins of the Italian Renaissance.
After you are familiarized with your Segway PT, we will make our way to Florence’s historic center. Experience all the major sites as you glide down the ancient streets while listening to your tour guide on your headphones.
Along the way you will get a chance to see and learn about the Strozzi palace, one of the most celebrated examples of Florentine Renaissance’s palaces. After this we will take a ride to Via de’ Tornabuoni, which marks the ancient Roman walls’ western path, and take a look at the shops that represent the most famous brands of Italian fashion. Then we move on to see Florence's fascinating Dome with its characteristic bell tower before finally making our way back to the Baptistery, with the world-famous Paradise Gate on its Eastern side.
- 2.5 hour Segway Personal Transporter rental
- 30 minute orientation
- Guided tour
- Ponchos (in case of rain)
Know Before You Go
• It is not necessary to have a driver’s license for this activity
• Segways are appropriate for virtually anyone, however riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
• This activity is not recommended for pregnant women