The Grape Escape Wine Tour from FlorenceProduct ID: 28065
From US$65.37 per personBook now
- Take a relaxing day trip to the Tuscan wine region
- Try 7 different types of wine all in one day
- Have a professional wine tasting lesson
- Taste extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Treat yourself to the gelato world champion
- Visit of the famous hill top town of San Gimignano
The first stop will be at a wine tasting school where you will taste 4 different type of wines including the famous Chianti Classico D.O.C.G. and a Super Tuscan wine, a 30 year-old balsamic vinegar, and the delicious truffle extra virgin olive oil. Here you will learn how to recognize the different flavors and develop your taste buds together with a wine passionate producer.
The second stop will be at a local winery located in a stunning area well-known for the production of the D.O.C.G. Vernaccia white wine and facing the famous towers of San Gimignano. The winemakers will guide you through the vineyards and the cellars and they will share the secrets of the wine and oil production as well as the best wine and food combinations.
At the winery you will have the opportunity to buy the local products and wine at a convenient cost to bring back home or to ship to friends and family.
In the afternoon you will be free to visit and spend time wandering through the narrow streets of San Gimignano. Shop 'til you drop, and enjoy gelato from the world-champion ice-cream making gelateria.
Departure from San Gimignano is at 15:45. Estimated travel time is an hour an ten minutes. You'll arrive back in Florence at about 17:00.
- Transport in an 8-passenger van or minibus
- English-speaking local guide
- 2 wine tastings at 2 wineries
- Balsamic and extra virgin olive oil tasting
- 1.5-hour visit in San Gimignano
- Maps and info onboard
- Pick up from your accommodation
In front of our office "Italy on a Budget Tours," located in via nazionale 149r, opposite Hotel Galileo at 09:40. If you can't find us or you are running late, please give us a call. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 28065