Take a dip in the healing waters off Doctor's Cave Beach. Sunbathe on the white sand beach of the world-renowned Doctor’s Cave Beach Club while your cruise ship is docked in Jamaica. Head to the Groovy Grouper Beach Bar and Grill for drinks and food!
What to Expect
Enjoy a 4-hour shore excursion to the Doctor’s Cave Bathing Club, the most popular white sand beach in Montego Bay. The crystal-clear waters are known for their healing properties, and have a temperature range during the winter and summer of 78-84 degrees Fahrenheit or 22-28 Celsius.
In the 1920s an article was published by Sir Herbert Barker, a famous British osteopath, declaring that the waters had curative powers and that he was restored to good health after bathing there. It was said that the waters could cure several ailments.
Doctor’s Cave Beach today boasts excellent facilities. The club has well-kept changing rooms, showers, and lavatories. The new entrance, administrative offices, and 3 gift shops are all quite inviting. You’ll also find a cyber café and a sundries shop on site.
Beach chairs, umbrellas, and air mattresses can be rented at the club. The beach is manicured every morning and the translucent waters, which the doctors recognized as buoyant and invigorating, have not changed since that discovery was made.
Doctor’s Cave Beach boasts the Groovy Grouper Beach Bar and Grill that offers a great variety of meals and drinks.
Come and enjoy this world-renowned beach on your next visit to Montego Bay! Doctor's Cave Beach Club is also a part of the Montego Bay Marine Park, which is home to a wide variety of marine life in its coral reefs.
- Private round-trip transfers between the Montego Bay pier and the attraction site
- Entrance fee to the attraction site
- Beach and sunbathing
What's Not Included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional purchases
- Lunch or refreshments (food is available at the Groovy Grouper at additional cost)
Know Before You Go
• Tour times are scheduled according to your request
• Be sure to bring a swimsuit, towel, camera, and cash
• Please research the location of your port of call prior to booking to ensure that the tour option selected covers the route between your port of call and the attraction site
• All of the vehicles used for transfers are non-smoking