Float down the Chena River and see Mother Nature in all her magnificence. It is stunning and serene.
What to Expect
This canoe trip begins with pick-up in Fairbanks, from where you will proceed to the Chena Lakes recreation area. Here you will have a brief safety demonstration and canoe handling lesson, as well as a tour overview, before you begin your adventure canoeing down the Chena River.
The waters on this stretch of the river are gentle and slow which makes for a perfect canoe trip for beginners and families. The tour includes breaks so you may appreciate unspoiled nature, take photos or just relish a beautiful campfire. The perfect way to see some of Alaska's most amazing nature, and to see some of the state's wonderful wildlife.
- Pick-up/drop off within the city limits of Fairbanks or North Pole
- Canoe training session
- Water, snacks, sandwiches, campfire lunch and fresh coffee or tea prepared for you at a comfortable place near the river
Know Before You Go
• Please advise of any dietary restrictions/allergies
• If you travel with small children please supervise them at all times
• Most guides are professional photographers. However, they do not know every camera model. Please make sure you are familiar with your own camera
• Bring mosquito spray