Travel back to the gold rush era on a tour of the Gold Dredge 8 gold mining site. Uncover the secrets of the gold fields, try gold panning and enjoy a scenic ride on the Tanana Valley Railroad.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
Gold Dredge 8 is located about 25 minutes outside of Fairbanks on the Old Steese Highway. Take the Steese Highway (Route 2) North; take a left onto Goldstream Road; take a left onto Old Steese Highway (the first cross-road); the entrance is the first driveway on the right.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Pets (assistance dogs allowed)
Know before you go
- This tour takes place rain or shine