Have the finest wines and olive oils of the region and enjoy Portugal's rich gastronomy, history, and culture.
What to Expect
DAY 1 | EVORA
The tour begins with a visit to the city of Évora,a UNESCO World Heritage site. At lunch, you'll have your first contact with the extraordinary Alentejo regional cuisine in a very good and typical restaurant. Enjoy some free time to walk in the city streets, visit the little handicraft stores, and feel the serenity of Alentejo.
DAY 2 | EVORA
In the morning transfer to visit Quinta de Valbom – Adega Cartuxa, home of some fabulous Alentejo wines, such as the famous Pêra- Manca.
DAY 3 | ÉVORA | REGUENGOS DE MONSARAZ | MONSARAZ
Depart from Évora towards Reguengos de Monsaraz to visit Herdade do Esporão – the vineyards, winery, cellar and have some wine tasting. You'll also have an enogastronomic lunch with an olive oil tasting in the company of a chef and a sommelier. After lunch, transfer to Monsaraz to the Mestre Baptista Museum (a tribute to a local bullfighter)
DAY 4 | MONSARAZ
Have a guided visit to the medieval village of Monsaraz on a tuk tuk and visit the village, the Convent of Oratory, and Chapel of St. Benedict.
DAY 5 | MONSARAZ | ÉVORA
There will be a morning transfer to Marina da Amieira where you'll take a boat ride on the largest artificial lake in Europe - Alqueva.
After the tour you can stay for lunch at the Marina restaurant or return to Évora before lunch time.
- 4 nights accommodation with breakfast included
- Transport by private vehicle
- Breakfast, 2 lunches
- Visit to Quinta de Valbom – Adega Cartuxa with a wine-tasting
- Visit to Herdade do Esporão – the vineyards, winery, cellar and wine-tasting • • Visit to Mestre Baptista Museum (a tribute to a local bullfighter)
- Guided visit to the medieval village of Monsaraz
- Boat ride on the largest artificial lake in Europe
- Basic travel insurance