Full-Day Évora Wine Tour from Lisbon
From $82 per personBook now
Pick-up service• Free Transfers from any Lisbon Hotel. 8 EUR fee for pick-up from Estoril Coast, Sintra and Cascais-area hotels. • For those with hotel pick-up, please call (office hours: 07:30 to 19:30, daily) 24 hours prior to your departure to reconfirm your tour and schedule your hotel pick-up. On the day of your tour, please be ready at least 10 minutes before your scheduled pick-up time.
- Explore a 1st Century Roman Temple
- See the chilling walls of the Chapel of Bones, completely decorated with human remains
- Taste traditional wines in Herdade do Esporão winery (near Reguengos de Monsaraz)
- Enjoy an optional Lunch in Évora's Historical Center
Walk through the whitewashed Old Town to visit Évora's most famous landmark, the Roman Temple. Its large Corinthian columns date back to the first century, the era of Emperor Augustus. Another breathtaking stop will be the Cathedral of Évora, one of the most important Gothic monuments in Portugal. Then we'll head to Saint Francis Church with the "Bones Chapel", or Capela dos Ossos, which is completely decorated with human bones.
Don't miss the University of Évora, a former Jesuit college built by Cardinal-King Henrique in 1559. Afterwards, stroll through Évora market to admire the colorful and tasty ingredients used to create some of the Portugal's most marvelous dishes.
In the afternoon, head to the Herdade do Esporão (near Reguengos de Monsaraz) to visit an important wine cellars in Portugal. Toast the day with a taste of fine wines.
- Pick-up and drop off from Lisbon downtown hotels
- Guided visits in English, Portuguese, and Spanish
- Wine tasting at Herdade do Esporão
- Entrance fee at the Cathedral, Bones Chapel, and University
- Lunch (offered for an additional charge)
- For clients staying at Estoril Coast, Sintra and Cascais area hotels, pick-up service is available but it's for an additional charge
• In case you choose not to have hotel pick-up, please proceed to Marquês de Pombal Square. Please be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the tour departs. (Open in Google Maps)
Tour doesn't operate on 25th December and 1st January.
Product ID: 1075