Visit Alentejo's best sites. Alentejo Marbel Route Full-Day Tour
What to Expect
Depart from Évora towards Vila Viçosa and visit the castle and the high walls where you can enjoy the beautiful view over the Alentejo plains. Visit to the Church of Nossa Senhora da Conceição followed by some time for lunch. In the afternoon you'll have a guided visit to the fantastic Ducal Palace which is where the Portuguese King Dom Carlos spent his last night before he was assassinated together with his son in Lisbon.
At the end of the afternoon take a interesting visit to the marble world where you will descend to an underground quarry, contemplating of one of the most fascinating landscapes of Alentejo (on the top of a quarry). Seeing the application of marble on the monuments, and tast a great Alentejo meal in the best restaurant of the village.
- Visit to the Castle of Vila Viçosa and the high Wall
- Visit to the Church of Nossa Senhora da Conceição
- Guided visit to the Ducal Palace of Vila Viçosa
- Guided tour to a quarry
- Traditional Dinner
What's Not Included
- Transportation (Optional)
- Private Escort from our Staff (optional)
Know Before You Go
• Bring comfortable clothing and appropriate footwear, closed and non-slip.
• Helmets and a reflective vest will be distributed to all participants.
• The visitor is guided by a properly identified heritage interpreter that will give of safety instructions in the quarries, right at the beginning of the tour.
• The visit implies physical efforts of medium-grade and therefore should participate people in good physical conditions, without Vertigo and severe allergy to dust.