Enjoy this tour discovering Alentejo, where you can visit some quarries and a cork factory from the comfort of a Jeep.
What to Expect
What do you know about these two tremendously important activities of the Alentejo? Rest under a cork tree, enjoy the cool shade it has to offer and learn about cork extraction and all its little secrets. Visit the cork factory, learn about the transformation, and see the final product. Here you can ask a million questions and uncover why wine breaths in the bottle!
Then let the guide take you on a trip to the moon-like landscape of Estremoz. Climb the impressive Donjon Tower, all made of marble, and take in glorious views. Visit a beautiful winery located in a farm, and taste the wonderful Alentejo wine. Stop at a typical café where you can have some lunch (not included) and then visit the marble quarries. Ask a million questions more.
Explore the gorgeous historical center of Vila Viçosa, where the white gold (marble local name) shows off its chic look.
- rental of jeep/4WD with driver/guide
- 1 wine tasting
- Visit to cork factory
- If possible, visit to cork extraction (from June till August, subject to confirmation 2 days before)
- personal accident insurance
- VAT tax
What's Not Included
- Picnic lunch - in advance
- Local produce tasting - in advance
- Visit to ducal palace of Vila Viçosa - on the tour day you will be asked if you want to go
- Visit to marble museum - on the tour day you will be asked if you want to go
Your hotel. Please provide your hotel name and address.
Know Before You Go
• Cancellation policy:
Cancellation 8 weeks or more before tour start date = full refund except 50 EUR handling charges.
Cancellation between 8 and 6 weeks before tour start date = 50% cancellation fee.
Cancellation between 6 weeks and 30 days before start date = 70% cancellation fee or rebooking for an alternative date or tour.
Cancellation after 30-day deadline = no refund.
In the unlikely event that you tour gets cancelled you will get a full refund.
• Force Majeure: Refunds and compensation payments are not liable in circumstances beyond our control or our supplier’s control. This includes but is not limited to changes due to war, threat of war, acts of terrorism, civil strife, strikes, natural disaster, fire, adverse weather or similar circumstances.
•No refunds are available once the trip commences. There are no exceptions, including weather or other factors beyond our control.