Explore Mount Etna by cable car and trek up to 2920 meters in height to discover the newest eruption sites. Pass by hot flows and summit craters, learn about Volcanology, and visit the 2002 crater.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Italian, French, English
Select participants and date
The guides will be waiting for you in the parking lot in front of the Esagonal Bar.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Change of clothes
- Hiking shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Packed lunch
- Long pants
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- High-heeled shoes
- Sandals or flip flops
- Alcohol and drugs
- Open-toed shoes
Know before you go
- - In the event of adverse weather conditions, we will advise you in order to communicate the cancellation or postponement of your excursion, at the earliest possible date.
- - There is no advance payment for transportation. The guide will take you inside the office of the Funivia dell'Etna for the payment of the return tickets, just before the departure.
- - For the success of the excursion and for its correct carrying out, it’s good to know perfectly your health conditions, and if necessary, let your guide know about them
- - The route consists of the ascent and walking along the crater edges, this may cause dizziness to susceptible individuals
- - The trekking is for moderately trained hikers (being a path that develops at high altitude)
- - The excursion will be carried out according to the limits laid down by the ordinance in force
- - Without adequate shoes, you are not covered by insurance
- - This excursion may be canceled if minimum numbers of 2 are not met