Experience a dose of daily life in Essaouira with a local guide who’ll take you to the fishing port and up onto the ramparts of this mesmerizing Moroccan city. Enjoy pastries made from time-honored recipes and fresh catch for lunch at the fish market.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Starting time 11:30 AM
- Instant confirmation
- Experience daily life in Essaouira with a local guide
- Sample foods such as traditional Essaouira pastries and fish straight from the sea
- Mingle with local artists and learn about their unique crafts
- Take in panoramic views of the city from an old fortress watchtower
- Local English-speaking guide
- Selected food and drink tastings
- Entrance to the watchtower
- Additional food and drinks
- Personal shopping
- Tips/gratuities for the guide
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Inside Bab Sbaa below the clock tower (L’Moganna)Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- The tour operator believes in responsible travel. Please bring a refillable bottle for water so you can keep hydrated, especially on hot days. A reusable bag is also recommended to carry purchases, to reduce plastic bag waste.
- Dress guidelines:
- Please be considerate of local traditions and wear appropriate clothing. We recommend that both men and women be covered from the shoulders to the knees. As you will be walking over some uneven terrain, comfortable walking shoes are recommended. A hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen may be necessary.
- Mornings can be cool so a warm layer is advised. An umbrella, rain jacket, and close-toed shoes may be necessary in January and February.
- Be sure to bring an extra layer of clothing for your visit to the top of the watchtower, due to the extreme winds.
- Child policy:
- Children from 6-11 are allowed to join this tour.