From Ella: Lipton Seat & Dambatenne Tea Factory Day Tour
Pickup includedYour hotel in or around Ella
- Visit Dambatenne Tea Factory
- Explore the must-see Lipton Seat
- Learn about the genesis of tea
Start your tour as you head to Dambatenne Tea Factory, built in 1890 by Sir Thomas Lipton, one of the most famous figures in tea history. Take a tour through the works for an education on the processes involved in the fermentation, rolling, drying, cutting, sieving and grading of tea. Enjoy one of the most comprehensive tea factory tours around, and afterwards, take the chance to try a cup.
Move on to Lipton’s Seat Lookout, one of Sri Lanka's most impressive viewpoints. Here, Sir Thomas Lipton used to survey his burgeoning empire, and today it's said you can see across emerald hills and tea estates to no fewer than seven different provinces.
Finally, return to your hotel in Ella.
- Bottled water
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees
- Pregnant women
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Luggage or large bags
• Not wheelchair accessible
• The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
• On Sundays no processing takes place, so there's little to see
• Early morning is the best time to visit the Lipton Seat to avoid cloud and mist