Explore the historic town of El Calafate on a 2.5-hour sightseeing tour, and see all the city’s main sights, including the traditional buildings from the days of the first pioneers. Learn about the fruit production industry, look for rare birds, and more.
What to Expect
Learn the history of El Calafate, one of Argentina’s southernmost cities, and discover how it developed from its pioneer origins to become the center of Patagonian tourism today.
Following a pick-up from your El Calafate hotel, head off to Laguna Nimez, located just a few meters from the coast of Lago Argentino. Here, with the use of the powerful binoculars, provided on board the vehicle, look for indigenous and migratory birds.
Visit the fruit orchards where strawberries, cherries, and sour cherries are grown, and learn about their cultivation in this remote wilderness. You will also hear about the different farming techniques that have been passed down from generation to generation.
Pass by the archaeological ruins of Cuevas del Gualichu to see the rock art left behind by some of the very first inhabitants. Your final stop will be the Mirador of Virgen de la Paz, from where you can take in the astonishing views across El Calafate city.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
What's Not Included
- Inside view of Cuevas del Gualichu
- Inside view of Laguna Nimez
- Gratuities (optional)
Know Before You Go
• Please note that the start time is approximate. Your exact pick-up time will be sent after you have confirmed your reservation
• This tour is subject to weather conditions. In the unlikely event of a cancellation due to the weather, a refund will be provided or an alternative tour offered
• Attractions and services cannot be canceled. A voucher has no cash value and is non-transferable. No refunds, credits, exchanges, or cancellations of a voucher will be granted once voucher has been issued. Refunds will not be issued for unused or partially used attractions or services