See Jordan's World Heritage Site of Petra on a 2-day tour from Eilat that includes an overnight stay in Aqaba. Spend the evening exploring the city of Aqaba. See Petra’s iconic “Treasury” and its tombs and colonnaded streets. Enjoy an open buffet lunch.
What to Expect
Leave from Eilat in the early evening on the first day of this tour for the drive to Aqaba. You’ll enjoy some free time in Aqaba and spend the night there. After breakfast the next morning you’ll be picked up for the drive to Petra, traveling through the desert in a deluxe, air-conditioned vehicle.
The drive to Petra follows the King’s highway with stops along the way. One of the stops is at the Prince Hassan Palace for marvelous views of the Petra mountains. When you arrive at the Petra visitor center the guide will escort you into the site, for a tour of the Nabatean city.
Heading into the city through the Siq you’ll be greeted with the sight of Jordan’s most unique monument, the Treasury, or Al Khazneh. Other highlights of the tour include the theater, the tombs, the façades, and the colonnaded street. Enjoy an open buffet lunch at the Nabatean Tent Rest, and head back in to the city where you’ll have time to shop at the Bedouin bazaars.
18:30 Pick-up at airport or hotel in Eilat and transfer to Aqaba (free evening; overnight in Aqaba)
10:15 Pick-up from Aqaba
11:00 Arrival at Petra
11:30 Tour of Petra beginning with an optional horseback ride for the first 800 meters (a tip of USD 2-5 for the horse handler is required)
15:30 Open buffet lunch
16:30 Begin the return trip to the Jordan/Israel border ( includes stops along the way at to enjoy the beautiful landscapes of Wadi Rum)
18:30 Arrival in Aqaba for a short panoramic tour of the city
19:00 Arrival at border
19:30 Arrival in Eilat
- Round-trip transfers between your hotel in Eilat and the Arava border
- Transportation by new model, air-conditioned car/van/bus
- 1 night’s accommodation at a 3-star hotel in Aqaba (based on double occupancy)
- Breakfast at Aqaba hotel
- English-speaking Jordanian tour guide (other languages available at additional cost)
- Entrance fee and short horse ride at Petra
- Lunch at an authentic local restaurant
- Health insurance
What's Not Included
- Border fees and tips (USD 65 special fee for Israel-Jordan border crossing, which may fluctuate due to currency rates changes)
- Personal expenses
- Soft drinks
- Visa (can be obtained at the border for a fee of USD 75)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
Please note the following:
• Flights to Eilat from Tel Aviv are available by special request.
• Visa/taxi/border fees and tips must be paid in cash only (USD, GBP, or ILS).
• A valid passport is required for the tour (please advise operator of your nationality, passport number, place and date of issue, birth date, and expiry date when booking).
• Certain nationalities require a visa issued in advance.
• Border crossing includes border control and customs (the process may take up to an hour, so your patience is required and appreciated).
• Wear comfortable walking shoes and very warm clothing in winter, and cool comfortable clothing and a hat in summer.
• Lunch will be late, so be sure to eat breakfast before departure.
• There is a 50% cancellation fee.