Discover the World Heritage Site of Petra in Jordan on a 2-day tour originating in Eilat. Explore Jordan’s most valuable archaeological treasure and top attraction. Enjoy an open buffet lunch, and shop at a Bedouin bazaar.
What to Expect
Pick-up from your hotel about 08:15 where you will head to the Jordanian border. After border proceedings continue on to Petra. Your tour of Petra will start when you enter the Siq, the corridor that is a crack in the sandstone between two mountains. Exit the Siq for your first look at the Treasury, the main reason Petra was listed as one of the 7 wonders of the world. Continue on to tour the Roman amphitheater where the tombs are visible between the seating. The guide will explain everything that you see as you continue to tour the facades, the caves where they used to bury their dead, the temples and much more. After the tour go for a bite of lunch in a local restaurant (which is included), and then head back to your hotel.
After a good night's rest at your comfortable hotel, enjoy breakfast before some free time to wander the lanes of Petra, where you can find a daily market that sells interesting souvenirs, and cheap restaurants or pastry shops for a quick snack. There is also a busy covered market to rummage for interesting knick-knacks, cheap clothes, and more.
Meet back at your hotel at 16:30 for the return transfer to Eilat. En route to the airport, stop at panoramic lookouts to admire Wadi Rum and the desert landscape. Continue for a short, 30-minute, early evening tour of Aqaba (time permitting).
- Round-trip transfers between your hotel in Eilat and the Arava border
- Transportation by air-conditioned car, van, or bus
- 1 night’s accommodation at a 3-star hotel in Petra with breakfast
- Entrance fees
- English-speaking Jordanian tour guide
- Lunch at a local restaurant (Day 1)
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
What's Not Included
- Personal insurance - No Insurance company insures any accident from a horse or any other animal
- Personal expenses
- Soft drinks
- Petra night show
- Visa (can be obtained at the border for a fee of $75)
- 65 fee for crossing the Israel-Jordan border
Know Before You Go
Please note the following:
• luxury hotel accommodation available at an additional USD 90 per person (Marriott Hotel Petra or Movenpick)
• flight from Tel Aviv to Eilat available by special request
• single traveler supplement of USD 90 per night
• visa, tax, border fees, and tips to be paid in cash only (payable in USD, GBP, or ILS)
• valid passport is required (please provide nationality, passport number, place and date of issue, birth date, and expiry date when booking)
• certain nationalities require advance visa application
• border crossing includes border control and customs and may take up to an hour
• wear very warm clothing in winter; cool clothing and a hat in summer; comfortable walking shoes
• no food or drink can be taken into Jordan
• lunch will be late, so you should eat breakfast before departure
Cancellation up to 72 hours in advance of trip is free of charge.
Cancellation within 72 hours of trip incurs a 100% cancellation fee.