West Highland Lochs, Mountains & CastlesProduct ID: 12656
From $54 per personBook now
- Visit the picturesque and typically Scottish township of Inveraray
- See stunning lochs like Awe and Fyne
- Explore the ruins of Inveraray Castle
- Travel the "Rest and Be Thankful" route
After lunch we drive further into the Highlands, stopping to view one of the most photographed castles in Scotland, Kilchurn Castle, jutting into beautiful Loch Awe and stunningly framed by the surrounding mountains. Then it’s on to Inveraray, a quaint small town built in the mid-18th century, on the shore of Loch Fyne. Explore the town and pick up some Highland souvenirs, or pay an optional visit to Inveraray Castle (April to October only), the historic home of the Duke of Argyll, chief of the Clan Campbell, which is set in large beautiful gardens overlooking Loch Fyne.
We now start our homeward journey, driving over the Arrochar Alps, an attractive range of mountains, with a brief pause near the top of the Rest and Be Thankful Pass. A little later we reach enchanting Loch Lomond, where we stop at the pretty lochside village of Luss before returning to Edinburgh.
*Inveraray Castle open Apr-Oct, alternatives offered Nov-March
- Tour with an experienced, friendly, and knowledgeable driver and guide
- Meals and optional extras (i.e. visitor attraction entrance fees to Doune Castle & Inveraray Castle).
You can find the Edinburgh departure and return point outside the green Ensign Ewart pub, at 521-523 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh, EH1 2PE. (Open in Google Maps)
• Unfortunately, children under the age of 5 cannot be accommodated.
• Tours require a minimum of 6 passengers. In the case of a cancellation, you will be notified by approximately 18:00 h on the day prior to tour departure. This is to allow time for last minute bookings to come through. If cancelled, you will be offered a full refund, an alternative tour on the same day, or the same or an alternative tour on a different day.
• All customers who cancel their tour reservation will be charged an administration fee of 10%.
A full refund (less 10%) will be given for 1-day tours cancelled more than 72 hours before departure, and for multi-day tours cancelled more than 7 days before departure.
Product ID: 12656