Visit the vaults beneath Oldtown in Edinburgh, dating back to the early 18th century. Your guide will tell you about murders, witches and the people who inhabited this supposedly haunted location.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 1 hour
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meet your guide at the Tourist Information ticket booth, outside of the Bank of Scotland. This is located across the road from Deacon Brodie's Tavern.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Pets (assistance dogs allowed)
- Alcohol and drugs
- Unaccompanied minors
- Video recording
Know before you go
- The entrance of the vaults has a 2-foot tall step and may not be suitable for those with limited mobility
- Single floor spiral staircase at entrance/exit of vaults and further small sections of stairs inside
- Filming or live streaming of the tour is strictly forbidden
- Tour without Torture Exhibition suggested suitable for ages 5+
- Tour with Torture Exhibition suggested suitable for ages 12+
- Anyone under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be turned away
- Alcohol and drugs are strictly forbidden on tour