Edinburgh: Palace of Holyroodhouse Entrance TicketProduct ID: 53863
- Explore the Queen's official residence in Scotland at Holyroodhouse
- See treasures from the Royal Collection, including paintings by Rembrandt and Canaletto
- Learn about dramatic events from Scotland's history in Mary Queen of Scots' chambers
- Wander the picturesque ruins of the 12th-century Holyrood Abbey
- Enjoy a refreshing drink, snack or lunch in the Café at the Palace (own expense)
- Stand in rooms still used by the Queen for official and private engagements
- Discover the changing tastes of successive monarchs
Once inside the baroque palace, learn about its close associations with Scotland's history via a complimentary audio guide (available in 9 languages). Visit the State Apartments to see the changing tastes of successive monarchs. Marvel at fine plasterwork ceilings and Brussels tapestries, along with paintings and other art works in rooms still used by the Queen and Royal Family for official ceremonies.
Go to the Throne Room to see where lunch was served to the Knights and Ladies of the Order of the Thistle when a new knight was installed. Discover where the Queen holds her private audiences in the Morning Drawing Room. Continue to the Great Gallery, where Scottish residents named in the New Year’s Honours List or Queen's Birthday Honours List receive their award at an Investiture ceremony.
Admire Jacob de Wet's portraits of real and legendary kings of Scotland in the Great Gallery, the largest room in the palace. Learn about dramatic events from Scotland’s history in Mary Queen of Scots' historic chambers, where she witnessed the brutal murder of her secretary, Rizzio, by her jealous husband, Lord Danley.
From April to September, to celebrate The Queen's 90th birthday, a special exhibition will be shown at the Palace. "Fashioning a Reign: 90 Years of Style from The Queen's Wardrobe" will include dress, jewels and accessories worn by Her Majesty on ceremonial and family occasions in Scotland.
At the end of your audio tour, enjoy a refreshing drink or light lunch (own expense) at the Café at the Palace.
- Entrance ticket to the Palace of Holyroodhouse
- Audio guide (available in 9 different languages)
- Food and drinks
Palace of Holyroodhouse, Canongate, The Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH8 8DX (Open in Google Maps)
• You may be subject to security checks. Some items may have to be checked in and reclaimed at the end of your visit
• For safety and security reasons, a 1-way route operates inside the Palace of Holyroodhouse
• Smoking, including e-cigarettes, is not permitted in the Palace of Holyroodhouse
• Photography and filming for non-commercial purposes are welcomed in the grounds of the Palace of Holyroodhouse, but not inside the palace itself
• In consideration of other visitors, mobile phones must be switched off inside the Palace of Holyroodhouse
• Admission is scheduled for the time above, and latecomers cannot be admitted. Please ensure that you exchange your voucher before your selected time. Mobile tickets are not accepted. Please ensure you print off paper copies
Product ID: 53863