Look out for Nessie on a full-day tour from Edinburgh to Loch Ness. See Stirling Castle and Ben Nevis; the highest mountain in the UK. Enjoy a picnic lunch in the Highlands, then find Nessie on a cruise! Head back to Edinburgh via beautiful Perthshire.
What to Expect
Head north from Edinburgh and pass the imposing ramparts of Stirling Castle. Skirt the Trossachs Rob Roy country, and cross the wilds of Rannoch Moor before stopping at dramatic Glencoe; the scene of the infamous 1692 massacre.
Your journey takes you through Fort William. Pass Ben Nevis, Britain’s highest mountain, before entering the Great Glen.
Arrive at the pretty Highland village of Fort Augustus on the banks of Loch Ness, and enjoy a lovely picnic with freshly made sandwiches, fresh fruit, shortbread and Scottish mineral water. If you fancy something more substantial, your guide will happily recommend some great local cafes.
Take an optional boat cruise on the loch, go for a scenic hike, or just relax by the Caledonian Canal. If you choose to sail along the waters of Loch Ness, it really is an unforgettable experience.
Your boat is eqipped with the latest hi-tech color, sonar, and underwater imaging system, giving you a fascinating view of the underwater terrain and life. You might even see Nessie! You can also relax with a coffee or beer in the on board bar.
Having seen the best of the Scottish Highlands, it's time to head back to Edinburgh via shimmering Loch Laggan and the wild and lonely Drumochter Pass. Head south and enter Perthshire, a land of forests, rivers and mountains. See the spectacular Forth Bridge before arriving back in Edinburgh at around 20:00.
- Picnic lunch
- Hire of audio guide MP3 player (subject to availability) including earphones
What's Not Included
- Loch Ness cruise fee (optional)
Tours depart from 60 High Street, Royal Mile, in the heart of Edinburgh's Old Town, not far from the intersection of the Bridges and the Royal Mile.
What to Remember
• Please note that this tour involves a long day of driving, and covers over 300 miles (500 kilometers) in 12 hours. For this reason the tour may not be suitable for younger children.
• Cancellation charges apply; up to 14 full days- full refund less 25% of price paid. Within 14 days no refund applies.
• Travel insurance is recommended.
• Full terms and conditions available on the Highland Explorer Tours website.