Explore the land of Scottish heroes and royalty on a day filled with lochs and quaint towns. Visit Scotland’s first national park and see “Scotland in Miniature”. At the end of the day, see the remains of the imposing Stirling Castle.
What to Expect
Spend a day discovering the land and legends of Scottish heroes William Wallace and Rob Roy, and experience the natural beauty of Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park. Begin with a memorable visit to Stirling Castle, explore the pretty villages of Callander & Luss, and finish off with a spectacular cruise across Loch Lomond.
Departing Edinburgh, we travel north-west for our first stop of the day at magnificent Stirling Castle*, one of Scotland’s most historically significant castles, sitting high on volcanic rock and offering wonderful views of the surrounding landscape. You will have time to visit the castle and learn of the exploits of key historic figures including William Wallace, Robert the Bruce and Mary Queen of Scots. With lots of interesting things to see and do here, the Stirling Castle experience is a must for any visitor to Scotland.
We continue on, past medieval Doune Castle, to the pretty town of Callander, situated on the banks of the River Teith in Stirlingshire, where we stop to enjoy some lunch. From here we enter The Trossachs National Park, also known as “The Highlands in miniature” for its abundance of lochs, mountains and forests, and famous as the homeland of legendary outlaw, Rob Roy MacGregor.
We then reach the bonnie banks of Loch Lomond, one of the prettiest and largest lochs in the whole of Scotland. Here you can enjoy an hour long cruise* taking in spectacular views of the loch’s many islands and the surrounding mountains. Alternatively, take a stroll through the picturesque loch-side conservation village of Luss, with its quaint houses, cafes and stunning views across the loch’s western shoreline. We then travel back to Edinburgh.
Meeting Point, Pick-up, or Drop off Location: You can find the Edinburgh departure point outside the green Ensign Ewart pub, at 521-523 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh, EH1 2PE.
- Tour with an experienced, friendly, and knowledgeable driver and guide.
What's Not Included
- Meals and optional extras (i.e. visitor attraction entrance fees to the Loch Katrine Cruise, running April-October, optional outdoor activities, and Stirling Castle).
You can find the Edinburgh departure point outside the green Ensign Ewart pub, at 521-523 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh, EH1 2PE.
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
• Translations can be provided upon request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Unfortunately, children under the age of 5 cannot be accommodated.
• Tours require a minimum of 6 passengers. In the case of a cancellation, you will be notified by approximately 18:00 h on the day prior to tour departure. This is to allow time for last minute bookings to come through. If cancelled, you will be offered a full refund, an alternative tour on the same day, or the same or an alternative tour on a different day.