See Edinburgh's darker side with Alexander Clapperton, leading you through the courtyards and closes of the old town. Entertaining you with tales of witchcraft, punishments, executions and invasions.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
Tours depart from outside the front of 'The Witchery Restaurant,' located near Edinburgh Castle at 352 Castlehill (Royal Mile), EH1 2NF. ** Please note that from Monday 31st July 2023 to Saturday 26th August 2023 (except Sundays 6, 13, 20 August), all tours will depart from the supplier's shop, located at 84 West Bow (Victoria Street), EH1 2HH. This is due to the annual Military Tattoo event and dress rehearsals taking place on Castlehill. Since this event will not be held on Sundays during this period, on those days, tours will depart from the usual meeting point - outside the front of 'The Witchery Restaurant' on Castlehill. Also on 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th July 2023 there are music concerts at Edinburgh Castle so the tours will depart from the supplier's shop, located at 84 West Bow (Victoria Street), EH1 2HH.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Pets (assistance dogs allowed)
- Video recording
- Unaccompanied minors
Know before you go
- Guests should arrive 5 minutes before scheduled departure time
- Please wear appropriate footwear (you will be walking on cobblestoned streets)
- This tour will take place rain or shine.