Discover the dark history of old Edinburgh on a guided city walking tour. Follow your cloaked guide into the city’s underground vaults and share haunted tales over a drink in a candle-lit cellar.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Start your tour at the Mercat Cross, an octagonal stone monument on the Royal Mile, opposite the City Chambers. You can find it using postcode EH1 1RF.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Pets (assistance dogs allowed)
Know before you go
- 50% discount until February 18 as part of VisitScotland Days Out scheme
- For health and safety reasons, this tour is unable to allow children under 5 years of age on any underground tours
- Your choices of drink are whisky, a glass of lager, or soft drink