Skip the lines for a 1.5-hour tour of Edinburgh Castle and hear stories of one of the world’s most heroic and bloody national histories. Enjoy panoramic views over Edinburgh and learn about the kings, queens, and soldiers that lived in the castle.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
130 High Street (The Royal Mile), on the corner with Stevenlaw's Close. Meet your guide on 130 High Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1QS. When you arrive at the meeting point, look out for the guides with the red umbrellas and red t-shirts.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Baby strollers
- Unaccompanied minors
Know before you go
- The tour operator doesn't allow guests to join the tour at a different time or at a different location than the meeting point
- Children aged 4 and under are welcome to join this tour for free
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Edinburgh Castle stays open until 5:00 PM and your castle ticket is valid for the day of purchase
- While the tour usually includes the sites and stories mentioned and lasts about 1.5 hours, your tour may vary depending on what your guide thinks is best for your group
- Unfortunately, the steep hills and uneven ground mean that this tour is not suitable for pushchairs or those unable to walk unassisted