Explore one the most important fortresses in the history of Scotland on this guided walking tour of Edinburgh Castle. Make the most of your time with skip-the-line tickets to this popular attraction.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- English, German, Spanish, Italian
Select participants and date
Meet in front of the entrance to Advocates Close, opposite St. Giles’ Cathedral. Look for the black umbrella with the Scotland City Tours' yellow logo.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- The roof is not accessible in poor weather conditions
- On this tour you will be guided around Edinburgh castle, with specific stops assigned by the castle authorities
- After the tour, you will have plenty of time to explore the castle and visit every building (Museums, Royal Palace, prisons, and much more). We can not access those buildings during the tour, but the tour will still be carried out within the castle grounds.
- Backpack up to 30L are allowed.