Discover the rich history of Edinburgh Castle on a guided tour with a skip-the-line ticket. Hear stories about the fortresses and enjoy stunning panoramic views of Edinburgh.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Please meet your guide in front of the High Court next to the statue of David Hume. Your guide will be holding a black and white umbrella with the EDI Tours logo on it. This tour DOES NOT meet at Edinburgh Castle.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Warm clothing
- Unaccompanied minors
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Due to "Castle of Light" taking place over weekends in November, December, and January Edinburgh Castle will close at 16:00. As our 13:00 tour finishes at 15:00 this will give you limited time for exploration after the tour. We recommend booking our 10:00 tour if possible on the following dates: November 24 & 25, December 1-3, 8-10, 15-17, 21-23 & 27-30, January 2 & 3
- Children aged 15 and under must be accompanied by a responsible adult
- This tour is of the castle complex so is therefore an outdoor experience, we recommend checking the weather forecast and dressing appropriately for the Scottish weather
- Edinburgh Castle is still a functioning military garrison, therefore, the tour duration and itinerary may vary based on any ceremonial activities taking place.