Loch Ness, Highlands & Whisky Distillery Tour from Edinburgh
- Explore Loch Ness and Fort Augustus and take an optional boat cruise on the lake
- Follow in the footsteps of James Bond and Harry Potter at Rannoch Moor and Glencoe
- See the highest mountain in the British Isles as you travel through Fort William
- Visit a working Scotch whisky distillery and take an optional whisky tasting tour
- Hear stories of Scottish heroes such as Rob Roy MacGregor and William Wallace
Deanston Distillery optional
Glencoe (photo stop)
Fort Augustus (lunch)
Boat cruise optional
Commando Memorial (photo stop)
Next, drive through Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park. Your Scottish guide will tell you the story of Rob Roy MacGregor, the most famous (or infamous) Highlander to ever live. Follow in the footsteps of James Bond ("Skyfall") and Harry Potter ("Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban") as you travel to the stunning Highland valley of Glencoe. Hear the eerie story of the Clan MacDonald massacre of 1692. Travel through Fort William, home to Ben Nevis, which at 4,409 feet is the highest mountain of the British Isles.
Arrive on the south bank of Loch Ness in the charming village of Fort Augustus. Here, you will find lots of cafes, shops and restaurants for a relaxing lunch. Take a stroll along the banks of the Caledonian Canal. Then, experience the majesty of Loch Ness on an optional relaxing 1-hour boat cruise. See if you can catch a glimpse of "Nessie", the legendary Loch Ness Monster.
Admire the impressive Commando Memorial at Spean Bridge with breathtaking views of the Nevis Range. Enter the beautiful Cairngorms National Park and discover "Monarch of the Glen" country. Drive along Loch Laggan before the roads climb high above the Grampian Mountains. Travel over the Pass of Drumochter, which links the northern and southern Central Highlands. Experience the majesty and drama of a mountain pass created by glacial activity during successive Ice Ages. Finally, make a short stop in the beautiful Victorian town of Pitlochry, before making your way back to Edinburgh city center, arriving at approximately 8:30 PM.
- Local Guide
- Transport on a fully air-conditioned midi-coach
- Optional Activity Tickets
- Tips (optional)
- Children under 7 years
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Face mask or protective covering
• This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 7 years old
• All tours will be required to meet a minimum number of passengers in order to run, you will be advised prior to departure if your trip is affected. In case the tour cannot operate you will be offered an alternate dates or a full refund