Cruise for 2 hours out onto the Indian Ocean and watch migratory humpback whales up close. Discover more about them with a guide and keep an eye out for other local marine life, including dolphins.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Afrikaans
Select participants and date
The Isle of Capri Cruises office is located on the Wilson's Wharf Marina, at the Casadena Spur end of the complex. Your ticket must be presented at the office/kiosk 30 minutes before the departure time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable clothes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
Know before you go
- Whale and dolphin sightings are contingent on the time of year. In the winter months, there are dolphins and whales in the area. Whales pass Durban anytime from May to November annually. During the summer months, whales migrate elsewhere. During these months, you will instead go dolphin watching and see other sea creatures
- Swimming with the animals is not permitted
- No food is provided aboard but you can take some snacks along. There is a restaurant where you can purchase food and a big selection of restaurants to choose from at the end of the excursion