Explore the countryside surrounding the walled city of Dubrovnik on a carefree, 4.5-hour bike ride. Travel off road through vineyards, and visit a 600-year-old monastery and 400-year-old water mills. Swim in the clear waters of a mountain stream.
What to Expect
Escape the busy streets of Dubrovnik city center for a carefree but energizing half-day bike tour through the vineyards of Dalmatia, and the ancient buildings of Croatian history.
Meet your guide in the park below Pile Gate (the main entrance to Dubrovnik Old Town), and head off on high quality bikes through the vineyards and trails of the Konavle Valley. Known as the breadbasket of Croatia, the valley is home to fairytale villages and watermills, as well as a picturesque monastery that has survived for 600 years, despite evidence of the turbulent events of the 1990s.
Next, bike off-road, pedaling through orchards and groves of trees along the banks of the River Ljuta. Under the watchful eye of your guide, you will stop several times en route and learn the history of the region, enjoy a snack under a gigantic tree, and even go for a swim in the crystal clear waters of a fresh mountain stream.
But the highlight of your day may be the final stop! You will be taken to an acclaimed wine estate for a tour of the winery, and the chance to sample some of the award-winning wines from the cellars.
- High quality Gary Fisher bikes
- Sandwich rolls and bottled water
- English-speaking guide
Meet your guide in the park below Pile Gate. From the tourist information center, walk towards Pile Gate (the main entrance to the Old Town) until you reach the bridge immediately in front of the gate. You will see Dubravka Restaurant to your right, and a break in the wall to your left. Take the stairs leading down from the break in the wall, and then follow the footpath under Pile Bridge. At the fork in the path, you can go to the right or left; both take you to the meeting point
What to Remember
• This tour is suitable for all ages and fitness levels, as long as you can ride a bike!
• Please bring a hat, sunscreen and sunglasses, your camera, a swimsuit and towel for the (optional) swim, and extra snack items
• Transfers are available from Dubrovnik and Cavtat
• Pile Gate is the main entrance to Dubrovnik Old Town, and almost all public buses stop there
• Please advise of any dietary restrictions on booking