Wicklow Mountains Half-Day Rail Tour from Dublin
From $56 per personBook now
- Six-hour trip by train and coach from Dublin to the Wicklow Mountains, Avoca and Glendalough
- Wicklow Mountains - the 'Garden of Ireland'
- Scenic coach journey through the Vale of Avoca
- Lovely village of Avoca, location for the BBC series Ballykissangel
- Ancient monastic settlement at Glendalough
- Hosted train travel
- Information pack
- Friendly, professional tour guide
Departing from Dublin Connolly station at 09:40, you will head towards the town of Arklow. The train will take you south along the coastline, with the chance to enjoy the magnificent seascapes for much of the trip toward Wicklow town.
From there, swing inland toward the mountains, where you will see panoramic views of the beautiful Irish countryside.
At Arklow, join a touring coach for a journey through the Vale of Avoca, toward the village of Avoca.
Get to know this lovely town, also known as Ballykissangel, and see the local hand weavers at work, or drop into FitzGerald’s Bar for a typical Irish pint.
From there, you will continue with a visit to the ancient monastic settlement in stunning Glendalough, at the foot of Wicklow Mountains National Park. See the remarkable remains of this medieval monastery, first established in the 6th century.
The tour returns by train to Dublin Connolly station, arriving at approximately 16:45.
- All admissions
Check in on the morning of departure is at Dublin Connolly station at 09:20 am, next to the information desk. Our representatives in yellow jackets will be there to check customers in and to show them to their reserved seats on the train.
Product ID: 878