Enter the Old Library at Trinity College Dublin to see the illuminated manuscript of the Book of Kells. Learn about its dense symbolism and rich ornamentation. Then, explore the grounds and gardens of Dublin Castle, former seat of British rule in Ireland.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 2.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meeting Time: 15 minutes before the scheduled start time Meeting Place: Trinity College Dublin, College Green, Dublin 2 Meeting Point: The Main Front Gate facing on to College GreenOpen in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
- Unaccompanied minors
Know before you go
- Anybody under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older
- Tour operates in all weather conditions
- All participants should be in good health; consult your doctor if you have any medical condition or are not used to regular exercise
- Wheelchairs, motorized scooters, or any other device to assist mobility are not recommended, as all footpaths and curbs may not will have suitable ramps
- Please inform the tour partner of any physical disabilities or limitations so they can determine the appropriateness of the tour
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult
- Changes or cancellations requested less than 24 hours before the tour departure time are not possible.
- From Autumn/Fall 2023 the Library at Trinity College will be closed for renovations. The 9th century Book of Kells will still be on display.