Dublin: Moher, Galway Bay and Burren Coastal DriveProduct ID: 38154
From $54 per personBook now
- Drive through the scenic landscape of Ireland's County Clare, Kildare, and Limerick
- Travel along the edge of Europe on the Burren coastal drive
- Get premium access to the new Atlantic Edge visitor center at the Cliffs of Moher
- Walk along the cliff summit and admire views of the Aran Islands and Galway Bay
- Explore medieval Galway City, and relax in one of its quaint cafés
- See megalithic tombs and the unique Fairy Forts and Celtic Crosses in Burren National Park
Your ultimate destination is the dramatic Cliffs of Moher, where you will get premium entrance to the new Atlantic Edge, an interpretive visitor experience that gives you a virtual reality birds’ eye view of cliff edge life above and below sea level.
Then, walk along the cliff face and experience the power of nature at work. Feel the fresh air blowing off the ocean, and the sheer height of the cliffs overlooking the Atlantic. Visit O'Brien's Tower, standing proudly on the headland, with panoramic views of the Aran Islands and Galway Bay.
Next, drive deep into the Burren, traveling along Europe’s edge! See native flora, ancient monuments, and megalithic tombs in Burren National Park, and look out for the unique Fairy Forts and Celtic Crosses.
Continue around Galway Bay to medieval Galway City, passing the Blackhead Lighthouse and fishing village of Kinvara, famed for its Galway Hookers (boats). Upon arrival in Galway - described by W.B. Yeats as “The Venice of the West” - enjoy a 30-minute guided walk, and learn about the city’s trade connections with Spain. You will have some free time to explore the narrow streets on your own, or relax in boutique stores and quaint cafés.
Then, sit back on the return drive to Dublin, enjoying the on board entertainment, including extracts from the show “Riverdance” and other examples of Irish culture.
- Premium entrance ticket to the Atlantic Edge
Pick-up locations: The Townhouse Hotel, Gardiner Street, Dublin: 7:00 Gresham Hotel, O'Connell Street: 7:10 Ulster Bank on Dame Street: 7:20 Four Courts Hostel on Merchants Quay: 7:30 (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 38154