Discover the “Garden City” of Al Ain on an 8-hour sightseeing tour from Dubai, crossing the Hajar Mountains to explore a green oasis in the desert landscape. See streets filled with palm trees, as well as historic monumnents, such as the Al Jahili Fort.
What to Expect
Escape the glass and steel jungle of Dubai on a full-day sightseeing tour to Al Ain, the “Garden City” that is the birthplace of Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, 1st president of the United Arab Emirates.
Drive through the ever-changing desert landscape, before reaching the Hajar Mountains. Then, upon arrival in Al Ain, step back in time at Hili Gardens, famous for the archaeological excavations of the third millennium BC. Continue to the Al Ain Museum, exploring the archaeology and ethnography of the Emirates.
Go to the Al Jahili Fort, and learn more about the “Falaj” underground irrigation system during a stop at the Al Ain Oasis. Proceed to the renovated Old Palace of H.H. Sheikh Zayed, the late ruler of Abu Dhabi and late President of the UAE.
Before your return transfer, stop at the hot springs at the foot of Jebel Hafeet and experience the lively camel market.
- English-speaking guide
- Transportation by air-conditioned bus
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks
- Entrance tickets
What to Remember
• Lightweight summer clothing is suitable for most of the year, but sweaters or jackets may be needed for the winter months, especially in the evenings
• Good quality sunglasses are advised, with photo-chromatic lenses for those who wear spectacles
• Hats, or some protection for the head, are advisable when in direct sunlight
• The United Arab Emirates has conservative dress traditions. Swimwear should be confined to the beach and hotel pools. Men and women should ensure shoulders and knees are covered when in public, especially in souks, shops and villages
• The local supplier reserves the right to cancel any part of the scheduled program for reasons of government decisions, public holidays, weather conditions, or similar. Furthermore, they reserve the right to amend and/or cancel the schedule for any tour
• Please take note that the passport copy of all the persons participating is to be provided to your guide on the day of the tour.