Escape the hustle and bustle of Dubai on a 7-hour 4WD safari to Jebel Jais Mountain. See the tallest mountain peak in the United Arab Emirates. Drive past the Ras Al Khaimah camel racetrack, see the historic Dhayah Fort, and enjoy a picnic lunch.
What to Expect
Discover the tallest mountain peak in the United Arab Emirates on a full-day tour of Jebel Jais Mountain from Dubai.
Following a pick-up from your hotel in Dubai, Sharjah, or Ajman, transfer to the Northern Mountains, stopping en route at the historic camel racetrack of Ras Al Khaimah. Continue towards the Falaj Al Mualla oasis, before experiencing the switchback roads of Jebel Jais. Marvel at the summit as it soars to a peak more than 1,900 meters (6,200 feet) above sea level.
Travel across the rugged, and sometimes windswept, terrain, and enjoy sweeping views of the valleys beyond.
Next, go to Dhayah Fort for a panoramic view of the oasis and blue waters of the Persian Gulf on one side, and the peaks of the Hajar Mountains on the other. Continue to Wadi Shah for a picnic lunch, before the return transfer to Dubai.
- Transportation by 4WD vehicle (Toyota Land Cruiser or similar)
- English-speaking guide
- Bottled mineral water
- Hotel pick-up
Know Before You Go
• Light summer clothing is suitable for most of the year, but sweaters or jackets may be needed in the winter months, especially in the evenings
• Good quality sunglasses are advised, and photo-chromatic lenses are recommended for those who wear spectacles
• Hats or some other type of protection for the head should be worn when in direct sunlight
• The United Arab Emirates follows conservative dress traditions. Swimwear should be confined to the beach and hotel pools. Men and women should ensure shoulders and knees are covered when in public, especially in souks, shops, and villages