Travel back to the days of the desert nomads on a 7-hour tour from Dubai, and experience the landscape as it was 50 years ago. Join an escort on a camel safari through the dunes. Then, enjoy falconry and bread making demonstrations, and more.
What to Expect
Experience Dubai as it was a half century ago on a full-day safari of the desert dunes. Following a pick-up from your hotel, head out to the desert landscape and explore it from the back of a camel.
Traveling like the ancient nomads, enjoy a stunning journey through the desert on a traditional camel convoy. This is the most authentic way to trace the footsteps of the Bedouin travellers.
Upon arrival at a Bedouin camp, soak up the atmosphere of the gentle flames from traditional lamps nestled inside a private royal retreat. Demonstrations of traditional activities, such as henna painting, falconry displays, and authentic folk music and dance will keep you entertained (not available during the Holy month of Ramadan).
Learn the traditional ways of making bread according to recipes handed down from generation to generation. End with a scrumptious dinner under the stars as history comes to life in an ageless landscape.
- Hotel pick-up by air-conditioned vehicle
- 45-minute camel ride
- Henna tattoos
- Aromatic shisha pipes
- Arabic coffee
- Bread making demonstration
- Ghutras (headscarf)
- Dinner and cultural entertainment
Know Before You Go
• Please note that this is not a guided tour. There will be an escort for the camel caravan. However, a guide will only be available at the sunset falcon show and heritage camp during dinner
• The camel ride is not recommended for children under the age of 5
• Extended camel rides can be uncomfortable. Please ensure you are in good physical health in order to participate
• A portion of your fee is contributed towards local conservation