Dresden: Ticket to the Frauenkirche Dome
From $12 per personBook now
- Take the elevator up to the top of the Frauenkirche and climb the last few meters up the spiral staircases
- Enjoy the fascinating view into the church and the inner dome
- See a larger-than-life representation of the four evangelists, Matthew, Mark, Luke and John
- Discover the stone fragments of other churches
- Enjoy the breathtaking view over the city from the viewing platform
- See Dresden and the surrounding area from a new perspective
See the original stones of magnificent religious buildings such as the Cologne Cathedral, the Aachen Cathedral, or the Strasbourg Cathedral, which were also damaged during the war. The old inner dome can also be found here, whose remaining color was used to determine the original color scheme during the reconstruction.
You’ll then ascend 127 steps to reach the 67-meter high viewing platform, which offers breathtaking views over Dresden and the surrounding area. Enjoy the view and look out for the famous landmarks of the city.
- Ticket to the dome of the Frauenkirche Dresden
- Online booking fee
- Guided tour
Neumarkt, 01067 Dresden Entrance G to the Frauenkirche (entrance to the dome) You can recognize the Dresden Frauenkirche from far away by its distinctive dome. It is located in the center of the old town at Neumarkt, near Brühl's Terrace, the Academy of Fine Arts, and the Kulturpalast.
The Frauenkirche was not built in accordance with present-day building regulations. As a result, there are certain risks associated with the ascent to the dome, so visitors need to take extra care, especially when climbing the very steep ladder-style stairs and spiral walkways.
Because of these risks, ascent to the dome is only allowed for children and young people under age of 12 if they are accompanied by an adult who can guarantee constant supervision, especially on the ladder-style stairs, spiral walkways, and viewing platform.
The ascent to the dome is dependent upon weather conditions. Ascent is not possible when the viewing platform is frozen over, or when the wind strength is higher than 6.
Product ID: 43563